Refuse To Be A Victim
To enroll for this seminar, contact James Oates at 760-535-3050. Cost for the seminar is $15.00 per person. Limited to 40 participants. This seminar is being conducted in support of the Lawton Police Department. Registration cut-off is April 7th.
An Award-Winning Crime Prevention Program
The single most important step toward ensuring your own safety is having a personal safety strategy in place before you need it. NRA’s Refuse To Be A Victim® program teaches the tips and techniques you need to be alerted to dangerous situations and to avoid becoming a victim. Seminars are held across the nation and are open to men and women of all ages. Today, hundreds of federal, state and local law enforcement officials from across the nation utilize this popular program in their crime prevention and community policing initiatives. Corporations, educational institutions and community centers have also adopted the program. All told, more than 100,000 people have benefited from these seminars.
The seminar will cover the following topics...
• Mental Preparedness-Prepare yourself for any situation that may arise
• Home Security-Securing what's inside your house, as well as outside your house
• Physical Security-Don't ignore your instincts - if something feels wrong, it probably is!
• Travel Security-Making sure you are safe no matter where you are
• Cyber Security-Technological advances have made individuals more vulnerable to being victimized
• Self-Defense Training-What type of training can you take to help you
• Automobile Security-Equip yourself with the necessities for any type of situation
• Personal Defense Devices-Tools that you can use for personal protection
• Psychology of Criminals-Understand what makes a criminal a predator
Each participant will receive a seminar workbook.
Great Plains Technology Center, Bldg 900, Lawton, OK