Regional Hospital listed as 'most wired'
Duncan Regional Hospital has been recognized for being among the nation's "most wired" hospitals.
According to the American Hospital Association's annual survey, "most wired" hospitals are using smartphones, telehealth and remote monitoring to create more ways for patients to access health care services and capture health information. This year's results show:
• 76 percent offer secure messaging with clinicians on mobile devices.
• When patients need ongoing monitoring at home, 74 percent use secure e-mails for patients and families to keep in touch with the care team.
• 68 percent simplify prescription renewals by letting patients make requests on mobile devices.
• 62 percent add data reported by patients to the electronic health record to get a better picture of what is going on with the patient.
• Nearly half of the hospitals are using telehealth to provide behavioral health services to more patients.
• 40 percent offer virtual physician visits.
• More than 40 percent provide real-time care management services to patients at home for diabetes and congestive heart failure.