New home permits up for May
New home permits enjoyed a resurgence in May even as commercial permits slid.
The City of Lawton issued 10 permits for new single-family homes valued at $1.795 million last month, up from just one in April and four in May 2016. The 10 permits last month put 2017 ahead of the 2016 pace for the first time this year, bringing the annual total to 24, up from 22 for the first five months of last year.
Commercial permits were in the doldrums, totaling only $387,989 for the month, and almost a third of that was for signs.
Larger commercial permits included:
• An $89,000 permit to finish 1,315 square feet for a tattoo parlor in The Shops at Tomlinson Gate, 1350 NW Homestead Drive;
• A $40,000 permit for a new roof on a former restaurant at 10 NW Mission Blvd.
• A $20,000 remodeling permit at Los Tres Amigos restaurant, 2002 E. Gore;
• A $20,000 remodeling permit for work at the child care center at First United Methodist Church, 2602 NW Ferris;
• A $20,000 permit for addition work at the new Mattress Firm building under construction at 435 NW 2nd;